14. Royal request

Posted by Anonymous Labels: ,

The crowd:
What? You hear that, boys? He sets us free!

Persian Chamberlain:
(To Stateira) Great King, Alexander.
(To Alexander) The princess of the thousand roses, the eldest daughter of the formerly Great King Darius, Stateira.

Stateira:
Noble Alexander, I came to beg for the lives of my sisters, my mother, my grandmother...

Alexander:
You are not wrong, Princess Stateira. He, too, is Alexander.

Stateira:
Please. I plead for my family’s lives. Sell me as slave but….

Alexander:
Look, now, in my eyes, Princess. And tell me, how would you wish to be treated?

Stateira:
As I am, a princess.

Alexander:
Then so be it. You and your family shall be treated as my family. You shall live in this palace as long as you choose. Have you any other requests for me, my noble princess?

Stateira:
No. Everything I wish, I have requested.

Alexander:
You truly are a princess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment