8. My little Achilles

Posted by Anonymous Labels: , , ,


Pella, Macedonia – 20 years earlier

Olympias:
If you hesitate, she will strike. Yes.
They (the snakes) are like people. You can love them for years. Feed them, nurture them, but still, they can turn on you.  Don’t hurt her. Good. Now…
He calls me a barbarian. He makes a mockery of Dionysus every night.

PTOLEMY (v.o):
Some called his mother, Queen Olympias, was a sorceress and said that Alexander was the child of Zeus. Others, Dionysus.

Olympias:
Women are the only ones who know Dionysus.

PTOLEMY (v.o):
But truly, there was not a man in Macedonia who didn’t look at father and son (Philip and Alexander), side by side, and wonder.

Olympias:
My little Achilles.
Stay, Alexander. Down, down. (To Philip) What is it that you want?!

Philip:
Six months. Did you miss me?

Olympias:
No. Not here!

Philip:
Proud bitch, I’m still your king.

Olympias:
King of what? Shepherders? I am of Achilles’ royal blood.

Philip:
The blood of Herakles runs in my veins.

Olympias:
You are nothing but a drunken whore.

Philip:
Shut your mouth. You 10-titted bitch from Hades! Which god could I curse to have ever laid eyes on you!

Olympias:
You think people respect you? You think they don’t know about your bastards?

Philip:
Damn your sorceress soul! You keep him here like one of your snakes! I told you not! I told you not! You’ll obey me.

Olympias:
I will not.

Philip:
You’ll obey me, or I’ll kill you with my own hands.

Young Alexander:
Let her go! No! Stop! Papa!

Philip:
Obey me!

Chambermaid:
Your Majesty! No!

Olympias:
In the name of the gods. He will never be yours! Never! In my womb I carried my avenger!

0 comments:

Post a Comment