24. Banished.

Posted by Anonymous Labels: , , , , , ,

Macedonia - 9 Years Earlier.

Ptolemy:
Ah, come, Alexander, drink this sadness away.

Alexander: If only thirst could quench sorrow, Ptolemy.

Philip:
There’s only one thing better than winning a battle, son... and that’s the taste of a new woman. You’ll find it far sweeter than self-pity.
(To Pausanias) Pausanias, you bore me.

Cleitus:
Alexander!

Philip:
(To Pausanias) Be gone with you.

Cleitus:
Alexander, I found you the right girl.
(To Antigone) What’s your name, darling?

Antigone:
Antigone.

Cleitus:
(To Antigone) What’s your name?

Antigone:
Antigone.

Cleitus:
(To Alexander) I love you.

Alexander:
And I love you, Cleitus.

Pausanias:
Please, no!

Philip:
There you go.

Cleitus:
I’ll sleep in my grave, Hephaistion. While alive, I prefer dancing.

Philip:
Pausanias. Who’s your new friend? There’s your new friend.

Pausanias:
Please don’t! Don’t! Please, no! No.

Attalus:
A toast. A toast! I drink to our Greek friends and to our new union Macedonia and Greece, equals in greatness! And to Philip, our king, without whom this union could not be possible.

Philip:
Come, Attalus, leave some damn air in the hall!

Attalus:
And last, I drink to the king’s marriage to my niece, Eurydice, a Macedonian queen we can be proud of! To Philip and Eurydice, and to their legitimate sons!

Ptolemy:
Don’t!

Alexander:
What am I? Son of a dog? Come, then!

Guest:
What a disgrace.

Philip:
Shut up! Shut up, all of you!

Ptolemy:
Please.

Philip:
This is my wedding, not some public brawl.

Guest:
Insolent pup.
Philip: Apologize, by Zeus, before you dishonour me.

Alexander:
You defend the man who called my mother a whore and me a bastard. And I dishonor you?

Philip:
Ah, you listen like your mother. Attalus is my family now, the same as you.

Alexander: Then choose your relatives more carefully. Don’t expect me to sit here and watch you shame yourself.

Philip:
Shame?

Attalus:
You insult me!

Alexander:
I insult you! A man not fit to lick the ground my mother walks on.

Philip:
Shame?

Alexander:
You dog, questioning your queen.

Philip:
Shame?! I’ve nothing to ashamed of, you arrogant brat. I’ll marry the girl if I want, and I’ll have as any sons as I want. There’s nothing you or your harpy mother can do about it.

Alexander:
Why, drunken man, must you think everything I do and say comes from my mother

Philip: Because I know her heart, by Hear, and I see her in your eyes! You covet this throne too much. Now we all know that she-wolf of a mother of yours wants me dead. Well, you can both dream, boy.

Parmenion:
Come, Philip, this is the wine talking. Leave the boy. It’ll wait till morning

Philip:
Now! I command you. Apologize to your kinsman. Apologize!

Alexander:
No kinsman to me. Good night, old man. And when my mother remarries, I’ll invite you to her wedding.

Philip:
You bastard! You’ll obey me. Come here.

Alexander:
This is the man who is going to take you from Greece to Persia? He can’t even make it from one couch to the next.

Philip:
Get out of my palace! You’re exiled, you bastard! Banished from the land. You’re not welcome here. You’re no son of mine.


0 comments:

Post a Comment