19. Asian allurements

Posted by Anonymous Labels: , , , , ,

Black Cleitus:
Five to any man who bothers to kill me.

Hephaistion:
Have another drink, Cleitus.

Black Cleitus:
Shouldn’t you be bowing to the king?

Nearchus:
Cleitus.

Oxyartes:
Alexander, you look weak when you not accept these honors.

Alexander:
I understand, my dear father, but it’s against Greek ways.

Oxyartes:
Then Greek ways are weak.

Persian Chamberlain:
I still think she got the better of him in this bargain.

Oxyartes:
My daughter, Roxane, she shall make you good wife. She shall kill for you. Raw skunk, ruler of heaven… and earth. In honor of this great alliance, I, Oxyartes, offer you these great gifts. Some tribe leader: I would like to honor a toast to you from my people.

Cup bearer:
Good morning, sire.

Oxyartes:
We shall fight for you, Alexander. It shall be bloody.

Alexander:
Who’s the bear?

Ptolemy:
Parmenion. He’s been in complete control of your supply lines.

Alexander:
His pessimism is infectious. But he’ll stay loyal, as long as his son remains with us.

Persian Chamberlain:
Her eyes tell me she cares for you, Alexander. Perhaps too much. In the ways of my country, those who love too much, lose everything. And those who love with irony, last.

0 comments:

Post a Comment