36. The world is yours

Posted by Anonymous Labels: ,


Macedonia - 9 Years Earlier
Alexander:
Get out. Go. How can you behave so shamelessly in public?

Olympias:
Because it was meant to be.

Alexander:
This isn't how I wanted to become king.

Olympias:
No one blames you.

Alexander:
They blame me behind my back! In secret.

Olympias:
Slander is not power.

Alexander:
Shame is? Who killed my father? Tell me. Tell me, or shall I put you on trial for his murder?

Olympias:
Pausanias.

Alexander:
He had help! Did you help him?

Olympias:
No, never. Why? Why would I? So many wanted it. Greeks, Persians, men, women.
I'd be shocked if there were not a god he had not profaned.
How ironic though, in the end...a boy he rutted with once too often returned the favor.

Alexander:
You're mad. You're cursed.
You've unleashed Furies, you don't know their power.

Olympias:
Now who is exaggerating? Even if it was the wish of your heart...

Alexander:
That's a lie! He was my father! I loved him!

Olympias:
He was not your father! You owe no blood debt to that man.

Alexander:
You lie and lie and lie. So many lies you've spun like a sorceress, confusing me.

Olympias:
Look at you. Look at you. You are everything that he was not.
He was coarse, you are refined.
He was a general, and you are a king.
He could not rule himself...and you shall rule the world.

Alexander:
You're so cursed by all the gods when you speak like this.
Such thick pride...and no mourning for your husband.

Olympias:
Mourn...him? What do you know of Philip?
No, Alexander. Zeus is your father. Act like it.

Alexander:
My first act would be to kill you!
You murdered me in my cradle. You birthed me in a sack of hate.
Hate you have for those stronger than you.
Hate you have for men.

Olympias:
I taught you my heart, Alexander! And by Zeus and Dionysus, you grew beautiful.

Alexander:
Damn your sorceress soul.

Olympias:
Your soul is mine, Alexander.

Alexander:
No! No! You've taken from me everything I've ever loved and made me you!

Olympias:
Stop it. Stop acting like a boy. You're a king. Act like one.
Parmenion is with us, for once. Execute Attalus without delay.
Confiscate their lands and root out that family forever.

Alexander:
Eurydice? Never.
Laugh, you monster. You heartbreaker.

Olympias:
How will you live out the year like this? Have you learned nothing from Philip?

Alexander:
No. From you, Mother. The best.

Olympias:
What have I done to make you hate me so?
One day, you will understand this. But I have only you in my heart.
I know what you need. Now is the time. The gods favor you. Great wealth, power, conquest.
All you desire. The world is yours! Take it. Take it.

PTOLEMY (v.o):
He never saw his mother again.
And while he was away, fighting the Northern tribes...Olympias had Philip's new wife, Eurydice, and her infant son murdered.
By necessity, Alexander had her uncle Attalus executed. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment